Monday, March 5, 2012

OpenAM Password Reset : There are no questions configured for you

I'm still playing around with OpenAM 10.0 EA, but have been stuck with the following Password Reset feature for days:


"There are no questions configured for you" - How can it be? I have followed exactly the steps described in OpenAM Administrator Guide.



I have explicitly keyed in "MacDonald" for the challenge question. What else can it be?

In the end, I gave up. I asked my colleague to provide a fresh pair of eyes. He took less than a minute!


OMG! That's not very obvious to me.




So ... if the Password Reset question is set and - most importantly - enabled, then the following is the expected flow:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:



Nice!


PS: Password Reset feature is not related to Password Policy in Directory Server (aka OpenDJ / DSEE / AD). 



1 comment: